Saturday, June 8, 2013

08 June 2013| last updated at 05:53PM
8-year old girl drowns during beach outing
DUNGUN: An eight-year-old girl drowned while bathing at the Sura Hujung beach here with her family members this morning. 
 
Nurul Nabilah Zubir Nordin was with her five siblings when she was dragged by strong waves at around 7.30am.
 
Her father Zubir Nordin, 47, said he and his wife had brought their children Mohd Syahir, 12, Mohd Faiz,11, Mohd Basir, 10, Mohd Yusri, six and Nurul Munirah, four, to the beach for a picnic.
 
The self-employed man from Kampung Sura Tengah here said he left his wife Norizah Sulaiman, 41, a teacher at SM Seri Dungun, with their kids to buy breakfast as soon as they reached the beach.
 
"I told my kids not to go into the water until I return, but when I came back I saw my kids screaming at the beach while my wife was waving her hands in the water calling for help," he said.
 
Zubir said his wife got into difficulties while trying to save Nurul Nabilah.
 
"I jumped into the water and managed to pull my wife to safety by grabbing her hair but Nurul Nabilah had disappeared," he said when met at the Dungun hospital mortuary.
 
"I jumped back into the water when I saw my daughter's red shirt in the water and brought her ashore.
 
I tried giving her mouth-to-mouth resuscitation but it did'nt work," he said.
 
Meanwhile, district police chief Superintendent Dahlan Mohd Noor said the body of the girl who was a student of SK Sultan Omar here, was taken to the Dungun hospital for post mortem.
 
New Straits Times online
Saturday 8 June 2013.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Menjana kekuatan organisasi

Organisasi merupakan wadah penyatuan umat yang di asaskan untuk mencapai sesuatu matlamat. Berbagai bentuk organisasi mempunyai tujuan berm...