Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Teachers: Dignity for tutors

2011/10/05
ARTHUR PUI KIEN HONG Johor Baru, Johor
|
I AM a part-time tuition teacher and my students have disciplinary problems. I know how teachers feel.Students do not show enough respect for teachers. Instead, they make fun of teachers and say insulting and derogatory things about them.

Some use profanities. They think they are the bosses.
People believe that teachers should show more love and be caring towards students to improve the situation. But they don't realise the problems we face.
Some students have told me they would not come for tuition any more after I had scolded them for making too much noise or for not completing their homework.
Tuition-centre tutors also face problems with their employers.
Employers focus on how to get more students, instead of how to improve the quality of teaching.
I know that education has become too materialistic.

Weak students gain little from the education system, even in tuition centres.

I wish revolutionary and positive change can be achieved in the education system.

I also long for the revival of a situation where the dignity of tutors is maintained.

Source: New Straits Time October 5 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Menjana kekuatan organisasi

Organisasi merupakan wadah penyatuan umat yang di asaskan untuk mencapai sesuatu matlamat. Berbagai bentuk organisasi mempunyai tujuan berm...